This service would not be possible without our amazing volunteers. Volunteering with RTS allows you to make an ENORMOUS AND POSITIVE impact in the lives of so many in need right in your own community. We are always looking for caring, dedicated and responsible individuals interested in joining the Rural Transit Service organization as:
- Volunteer Drivers – We will provide you with our Rural Transit vehicle to transport local residents to much needed medical appointments, grocery shopping, banking, etc. With your help, these individuals who may have been homebound can be a vital part of our community. We are fully insured, take excellent care in the maintenance of our Rural Transit vehicles and you need no special license to drive our vans.
- Volunteer Driver Aides – You will help by assisting clients on and off the van, carrying groceries, navigation, etc.
- Volunteer Dispatchers – By devoting your time, you can assist residents in scheduling transportation for doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping, banking, etc. With your help, these individual who may have been homebound can be a vital part of our community. All you need is the ability to answer a single phone line and a friendly voice. . If you do not drive and live in the service area, the Rural Transit van can bring you into our office to dispatch.
We Are Looking For All Kinds of Volunteers!
Typically, our volunteers work one 4 hour shift per week (8 am-12:00pm OR 12pm-4pm), or as a back-up/seasonal help. If you are interested in volunteering, please call us. We will work with your skills, availability and interests to make sure that you are fulfilled in your volunteer position! Every year we organize a Volunteer Appreciation Event where the volunteers from all of our locations come together and are honored for the selfless work they do for our community!
“The passing of my wife created a void in my life which RTS and the wonderful clients filled. No amount of money can compare to the feeling of happiness I get from helping others. I look forward to the days I volunteer, really volunteering for RTS has helped me.”
- Voiced 7 year volunteer Ralph of Hamburg
“Rural Transit Service clients have impacted me personally with their wit and wisdom. I can see how important RTS is to many of them, providing them not only the needed rides to medical facilities but also the ability to lead fulfilled lives by utilizing the van for their everyday needs.”
- John of West Falls, a 11 year volunteer
Interested in Volunteering?
Please complete our Volunteer Application and send it to: [email protected] or call your closest dispatch site listed on the Contact Us page.
Rural Transit is also looking for community-oriented individuals interested in joining the RTS Board of Directors. Please complete our Board Member Application and send it to: [email protected]